Workers' Compensation Trust
The North Carolina Interlocal Risk Management Agency (NCIRMA) is the oldest of the three pool programs. The program began in 1981 with 125 municipal members. It has more than 460 participants and provides statutory workers' compensation and employer liability coverage with deductible options based on the member's needs . It is now the insurer of choice for most eligible governmental entities.
The pool was created to allow small- to mid-sized municipalities to collectively enjoy the benefits self-insuring like larger cities do while avoiding the volatility that occurs if not done collectively.
NCIRMA: Your Workers' Compensation Insurance Trust
We offer our participating members:
- The power that comes with unity,
- The ability to pool risks and resources with other members, so that workers' compensation costs are stable and predictable – yielding competitive rates year in and year out,
- Personal, local customer service, to respond quickly so that employees can focus on their work,
- Flexibility to provide the type of coverage that meets the unique needs of each member,
- Access to risk management tools, information and services to create the only true solution to rising workers' compensation costs – helping you to reduce injuries and return your employees to work quickly.
- We do this with one motivation -- to help keep our cities, towns, villages and associate members strong, vibrant and healthy. We are our membership.
We provide Workers' Compensation pursuant to the NC Workers' Compensation Statutes and Employers' Liability.
For more information, to become a member, or to receive an insurance quote
Only League members are eligible to participate in the our insurance pools. To apply for membership in the League, participate in an insurance pool, or to receive an insurance quote, call 800-228-0986 and ask for Safety/Risk Control and Member Services, or write Field Services at 308 W. Jones St., Raleigh, NC 27603. You may also email Member Services contacts Lisa Kinsey or Angela Greene.